In the early 1940’s, a small rural church was established on Snow Road in the community of Rawsonville, Michigan. It was in 1964 that God called Dr. James O. Phillips to become the Senior Pastor of the church. It was under the ministry of Dr. Phillips that the church grew and expanded. In addition to the growth of the church, Dr. Phillips had a burden for the next generation, which produced a vision for Christian education and resulted in the establishment of Faithway Baptist Schools (1971) and a Bible College (1974). The Lord used both of these ministries to impact lives, as many of the graduates of the school and college went into vocational ministry, while others have faithfully served as lay members in Bible believing churches.
In 1984, the Lord took Dr. Phillips home to heaven. In the spring of 1985, God clearly directed our church in calling Dr. Eugene Graham to become the Senior Pastor. He continued the vision of his predecessor for Christian education. His wise stewardship and determination brought financial stability to the ministries of the church. In 2000, the Lord took Dr. Graham home to be with Him. Prior to his death, Dr. Graham had the foresight to bring on staff William Phillips (son of Dr. James Phillips), making for a very smooth transition for the church when Pastor Phillips was asked to become the Senior Pastor in 2000.