Our beliefs are based solely and squarely upon the Bible, God’s Word. We firmly believe that the Bible is sufficient, that It is capable in and of Itself to save and to sanctify sinners, to make and mature disciples. Biblical exposition (Bible preaching & teaching) is the foundation of our ministry.
We are honored to call ourselves an independent, Baptist church. While we do not claim to have a “corner on the Truth,” we unashamedly preach and teach the basics of the faith and the Baptist distinctives, being convinced of their biblical basis.
- Biblical authority (Matthew 24:35; 1 Peter 1:23; 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Autonomy of the local church (Matthew 18:15–17; 1 Corinthians 6:1-3)
- Priesthood of all believers (1 Peter 2:5-9)
- Two ordinances (believer’s baptism and the Lord’s Supper) (Acts 2:41–42; 1 Corinthians 11:23-32)
- Individual soul liberty (Romans 14:5–12)
- Separation of church and state (Matthew 22:15–22)
- Two offices of the church (pastor and deacon) (Philippians 1:1; I Timothy 3:1-13)
- Saved church membership (Acts 2:41 and 47)
We teach and preach the Bible-based, God-centered, Christ-exalting, Holy Spirit-empowered message that God has provided salvation for sinners through His Son, Jesus Christ. We seek to spread this life-changing message in as many ways we can.
We believe in the local church, believers of like precious faith and practice in a particular location who partner together to pursue the mission (articulated in our mission statement below) given to the church by Jesus Christ.
Our philosophy of ministry is summarized in our mission statement: “Spreading God’s Fame for the Sake of His Name by Making and Maturing Disciples through the Ministry of His Word.” This mission statement contains our three core objectives: The exaltation of God, the evangelization of the lost, and the edification of the saved. These three core objectives are the basis of our guiding principles.
For a copy of these guiding principles or to get a copy of our statement of faith please contact us Faithwaybaptist@comcast.net